Re: How to change the alignment of the dashed line in \cresc

From: Lib Lists
Subject: Re: How to change the alignment of the dashed line in \cresc
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 15:33:16 +0200

Hi Valentin,
Thanks again and you are right. In the following example the 'cresc.'
gets too close to the staff, with the stem of the 'b' in the first bar
entering in the space of the dynamic. Adding Y values of 0.75 seems to
work well.

{
  \override DynamicTextSpanner.bound-details.left.Y = -0.75 % remove
this line and the following to see the problem
  \override DynamicTextSpanner.bound-details.right.Y = -0.75
  \override DynamicTextSpanner.bound-details.left.stencil-offset = #'(-0.75 . 0)
  g''4.\cresc es''8 b'4 a'4
  d'1
  e'\ff
}

However, I found a problem if there's a dynamic text spanner across a
system break (and that's the problem I'm facing at the moment): in
that case the dynamic line after the break is too low. Is there
anything that can be done to solve this?

{
  \override DynamicTextSpanner.bound-details.left.Y = -3
  \override DynamicTextSpanner.bound-details.right.Y = -3
  \override DynamicTextSpanner.bound-details.left.stencil-offset = #'(-0.75 . 0)

  g''4.\cresc es''8 b'4 a'4
  d'1 \break
  e'
  f\ff