Re: starting the first page on the left [in 2.21]

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: starting the first page on the left [in 2.21]
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 12:44:09 -0500

Hi Lukas,

>> One of my pieces fits nicely on two pages, so I'd like to have it
>> "reversed", i.e., page 1 on the left and page 2 on the right.
>
> Wouldn't this usually be done as
>
> \paper {
>   first-page-number = 2
>   print-first-page-number = ##t
> }
>
> ?
>
> I tend to get a little annoyed :-) when a publisher decides to put an even
> number on a right[*] page.

This is a piano-vocal score for a musical. Because we're still in workshop mode
(i.e., the score is in constant flux), the pages are numbered per-song, not
continuous through the whole score (i.e., Song #1 has page numbers 1,2,3,4;
then Song #2 has page numbers 1,2; then Song #3…). This is Song #15, so it will
be buried in the pianist's [ever-changing] binder; but I want to avoid page
turns *and* number the pages 1,2 (not "This page intentionally blank" and then
2,3).

I may have to just have a different \paper block — with margins set differently
— for any songs which "must" [for page-turn reasons] begin on the left-hand
side. (Again: The whole numbering will be redone once the score is done/fixed…
I'm just trying to solve the issue for this workshop.)

It would just be nice to have a first-page-position = #'left option…  ;)

Cheers,
Kieren.