Chordmode doesn't work in voicings

From: Paulo Matos
Subject: Chordmode doesn't work in voicings
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 21:44:13 +0100

Hi,

I am having some trouble understanding if this is expected or a bug:
\version "2.22.1"

\header {
  title = "Voice Test"
}

AMelody = \relative c' { s2 s8 d16 e16 f8 e16 d16 }

ABacking = \relative c' {
  \chordmode { g2:m a2:maj7 }
}

\score {
  \new Staff {
    \tempo 4 = 104
    \clef treble
    \key f \major
    <<
    \new Voice = "first" {
      \voiceOne
      \AMelody
    }
    \new Voice = "two" {
      \voiceTwo
      \ABacking

I was expecting the two voices, the backing chords and the melody to go
in parallel but the chords always show first and only then the
melody. It works if I remove chordmode and instead use chorded notes, so
i am wondering if this is expected behaviour from chordmode or if I am
doing something wrong.

Regards,

--
Paulo Matos