Re: fonts on windows

From: Kevin Pye
Subject: Re: fonts on windows
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 12:34:20 +1100

While my knowledge of Windows is extremely limited, my experience is that Windows lies to you. If you use Windows Explorer to navigate to c:\windows\fonts you will see a lot of fonts installed. If instead you open a command window, cd to the same directory and run "dir", you will get a different list. Presumably Windows Explorer is showing you all fonts the system knows about, even when they are not installed in c:\windows\fonts.

If lilypond is looking at the fonts directory, it will see only those fonts in that directory, and not those installed elsewhere in the system,