Re: fonts on windows

From: Michael Rivers
Subject: Re: fonts on windows
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 19:43:14 -0600

That sounds exactly like the case. Would anyone happen to know how to install the fonts system-wide?

Thank you so much, Aaron.

On 2022-01-15 5:14 pm, Michael Rivers wrote:
> I'm pretty sure text fonts on Windows are kaput. Some work, some don't.
> The
> fonts I'd like to use show up as installed properly in Settings and
> work in
> all other apps I've tried, but not Lilypond. I'm on Windows 11, but
> I've
> also tried on Windows 10.

Are your fonts installed for all users or just your own account?  Back
in the day, fonts were always stored system-wide in %WinDir%\Fonts.  At
some point, Microsoft introduced an option for user-specific fonts which
are located in %LocalAppData%\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts.  Depending
on how LilyPond enumerates fonts, it might only be picking up the
system-wide ones.

-- Aaron Hill