Re: Ly Scheme functions reference

From: Rip _Mus
Subject: Re: Ly Scheme functions reference
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 21:24:25 +0100

WOW!
This seems wonderful! Thank you very much!

Il sab 5 feb 2022, 20:30 Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> ha scritto:

> Le 5 févr. 2022 à 20:10, Rip _Mus <ripetizioni.musica@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Good evening everyone,
> do you know if there is a complete reference (perhaps with tutorials) of the use of the Scheme functions?
> In the Lilypond reference, from time to time, some functions are explained, but it seems to me that a precise reference of each Scheme function is missing. I know that they are explained in Internals reference, but I wanted like to see their behaviour in action, rather then only arguments and parameters.

Given the number of such functions, crafting examples for each one is just not feasible. However, there is an Extending manual:

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/web/extending

and also this unofficial but much more thorough resource (disclaimer: I am the author):

https://extending-lilypond.readthedocs.io

Hope that helps (and feel free to send me feedback on the latter one). Also, it would help understanding your needs if you gave examples of things you'd like to understand better.

Best,
Jean

PS:

> Rip_mus