Re: Bar numbers on lines beginning with a partial measure

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Bar numbers on lines beginning with a partial measure
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 12:12:10 +0100

> Le 6 févr. 2022 à 11:54, Valentin Petzel <valentin@petzel.at> a écrit :
>
> Thus I think this would be a sensible default. Is there any good reason
> against using this by default?

I wondered about that as well when I split the barNumberVisibility test and
submitted the pending MR to no longer require \bar "" for printing the first
bar number; but these were already deep frames in a stack of changes, so I
decided not to look into it for the time being. You are welcome to do so. I
seem to recall there is an open issue that more or less encompasses this
problem (can't search the URL on a phone). The thing is, these options were
added as options in the first place, so a reason not to have it at the default
might have been found at the time. Before proposing a change to the default,
I'd dig in code history to read the commit messages and code reviews of the
patches that added these options.

Regards,
Jean