Re: Log4j Vulnerability Status

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Log4j Vulnerability Status
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 23:58:21 +0100

Le 07/02/2022 à 23:23, Murphy Sifa a écrit :

Hi Lilypond Software,

We are analysing our suite of SaaS vendors for exposure to the log4j vulnerability. I can’t find a statement on your page about the products that La Trobe is using.

Can you please provide me with the log4j vulnerability status of your products?

Thank you
IS-Security La Trobe University

Well, LilyPond is not SaaS (and also free/libre software and
not sold by the way), and does not run in a web browser but
on your computer. The log4shell vulnerability has no relevance
for LilyPond. It may be relevant if you are using LilyPond
through some kind of Web-based editor, in which case you
would have to contact that team for information.

Best regards,
Jean