Re: Setting relative pitch as a global declaration?

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Setting relative pitch as a global declaration?
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2022 12:06:01 +0100

Hello Alasdair,

I don’t think anyone here has a problem with you asking questions. After all
this list is for users to help users. And in the Lilypond manual it can be
hard to find very specific things.

Anyway. What you want to do is very well possible, see this example:

test = { c a }
\relative c' { c \test }

The important  think is to have the \relative { } around everything you want
to have relative. Maybe you’re only having it for the first variable?

Cheers,
Valentin