Re: Setting relative pitch as a global declaration?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Setting relative pitch as a global declaration?
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2022 14:43:28 +0100

Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> writes:

>> Le 09/02/2022 09:23, Lukas-Fabian Moser <lfm@gmx.de> a écrit :
>>
>> - There's no way to globally declare your input mode to be relative
>

> Well ...
>

> \version "2.22.1"
>
> #(set! toplevel-music-functions (cons #{ \relative c' \etc #}
> toplevel-music-functions))
>
> { d e f }
>

> Though this might not be considered very clean.

The word "atrocity" readily suggests itself.

I don't think I have thought of using #{ ... \etc #} as kind of a lambda
function created with LilyPond before and/or connecting this to
toplevel-music-functions now that the functions in there don't need a
"parser" argument anymore.  So that is a quite appealing piece of code,
just that one would wanted to see its power applied for good.

--
David Kastrup