Re: Installing Alternate Music Fonts with Frescobaldi and Homebrew Insta

From: Jesse Wiener
Subject: Re: Installing Alternate Music Fonts with Frescobaldi and Homebrew Installation on M1 Mac
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 14:12:06 -0500

Hey Hans,

Yeah - I tried installing them using FontBook before I did anything else. No dice.

Matt - unfortunately, creating local.conf file in the Font folder didn't do it either.

I know lilypond is looking at the shared lilypond fonts folder because when I try to refer to a font that's not in there, the error I get is that the font isn't there. If I try to use the one I've been testing that is in the folder, I get the seg fault & crash.

So it's seeing the font - I feel like something else must be going on.

Thank you!

Best,
Jesse

On Wed, Feb 9, 2022 at 2:04 PM Hans Åberg <haberg-1@telia.com> wrote:

> On 9 Feb 2022, at 00:03, Jesse Wiener <jesse.wiener@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have an M1 mac running Monterey. I use Frescobaldi and my LilyPond install was done with Homebrew. It all works wonderfully well.
>
> My question is:
>
> Is there some way to install alternate music fonts with this setup?

I think just installing them as system fonts should work. Open the Font Book app and drop them there (or put them in /Library/Fonts/ say from the Finder).

--
Jesse Wiener