Re: Tablature - Parenthesizing Tied Notes

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: Tablature - Parenthesizing Tied Notes
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 10:18:12 +0100

What version of Debian? In Bullseye, the version packaged is 2.22.
If you want to keep an older version of your distribution, you could
install 2.22 via the official generic packages from
http://lilypond.org/unix.html. These are pretty easy to use, just
unpack them and run the script
('sh lilypond-blabla.sh --prefix=/I/want/it/here' and I can't
remember if you need sudo; use --help for a list of options).

You don't (need sudo) if you're content to install LilyPond locally for your user only. (Also you don't need to unpack them first: The files you download _are_ the shell scripts.)

For example, I have a folder ~/lilypond-versions in my home directory. If a new release comes out, I just do

mkdir ~/lilypond-versions/2.23.bla/
sh lilypond-blabla.sh --prefix /home/lukas/lilypond-versions/2.23.bla

And @Stefan: If you're using Frescobaldi, that program is perfectly equipped to deal with multiple versions of LilyPond. Just add the newly installed package in the LilyPond settings of Frescobaldi by telling Frescobaldi where to find the "lilypond" binary file. (It's in the bin/ subfolder of the folder you gave as --prefix.)

Lukas