Re: Wide screen Windows question

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: Wide screen Windows question
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 13:50:47 +0100

Hi Paul,

please always include the list as well so that others may benefit.

I too have used MobileSheets but find that having to import the PDF > files and manage the metadata is more of a chore than I would like. I
> currently organize by folders and file names. But my copy of > MobileSheets is fully up to date and I can't get it to display more than > 2 sheets in a window. When I shrink the window, it happily resizes the > pages to fit the height, but never tries to show more than two at once. > I've check the /Display options/ in /Settings/ but didn't find anything > there that looked as though it might be causing this behaviour.
Let me address the mentioned issues with MobileSheets:

- file/folder organization:
That's exactly what I do myself. I use Unison to sync between between my sheetmusic display device and my lilypond machine (if you don't have them separate, this can be ignored). Having to manually import new PDFs is somewhat tedious but since I also tag the files I have to deal with them sooner or later anyway. However I agree, I'd love an automation for that and had asked for it in the support forum a couple of years ago.

- no more than 2 pages display:
I'm not aware you can display more than 2 pages. What I find interesting from a performance point of view is, that you can connect external controllers (foot switches etc.) to do the page flipping forwards and backwards. For me that removes the need to have more than 2 pages displayed. Especially since the scrolling of pages during flipping is smooth (enough) to my eyes.

Kind regards,
Michael
--
 Michael Gerdau       email: mgd@qata.de