Re: Possible bug: Grace note at the beginning makes instrumentName disap

From: Hwaen Ch'uqi
Subject: Re: Possible bug: Grace note at the beginning makes instrumentName disappear?
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 12:36:06 -0500

Greetings Thomas,

In the case of grace notes, the instrumentName must be placed in a \with block.

GraceStaff = \new Staff \with {
  instrumentName = #"Grace"
  }
<<
  \GraceVoice

Not sure if the curly and angled braces work exactly the same way,
because I haven't done this with variables, but this is the principle
involved.

hth,

Hwaen Ch'uqi