Re: ANN: Spontini-Editor version 1.12-alfa

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: ANN: Spontini-Editor version 1.12-alfa
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 12:59:31 +0100

Hello Jan-Peter,

thanks for your contribution!
There's already a docker setup for the editor, similar to yours, together with other very useful setups (ly2video, fonts etc.), made by Alexis:

https://github.com/jeandeaual/docker-lilypond/pulls

However, it's not pushed yet because we have to find a practical way to solve an issue which appears in your setup too: the need to use the 0.0.0.0 address with HTTP, which could be unsafe.
It is possibile, with Spontini, to use certs, so to switch to HTTPS and avoid this issue:

https://github.com/paopre/Spontini/blob/master/documentation/webserver.md

However, this could be a bit cumbersome with docker, because the user would have to create certs and then push them to the container through some command. If we find a shorter way to obtain a HTTPS setup it would be much better.
I don't know if a sort of duckdns plugin can be a solution...
Please let me know if you have any idea about this.

Cheers
Paolo