Please tear apart this example lead sheet template for traditional Weste

From: Tom Campbell
Subject: Please tear apart this example lead sheet template for traditional Western folk tunes
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 18:09:03 -0800

I am about to transcribe a bunch of older Western folk music in lead sheet form for an open source tunebook. Am trying to create a robust template so I don't have to think too much about anything other than getting the notes, chords, and lyrics right. You can see it below, or rendered by the invaluable Lilybin at http://lilybin.com/u6p5m8/8.

Can you tell me what's bad about this as a template? The lead sheets will contain chord names and guitar fretboard diagrams. Added a crucial (for me) section overriding the predefined guitar fretboard diagram for a chord. I also took too long to figure out how to get pickup notes in a format that seemed natural.

Thanks!

% Lead sheet with:
% - Guitar fretboard diagrams
% - Override a predefined fretboard diagram
% - Pickup note with text above it suppressed
% - Chord and other text suppressed above the pickup note
%%%% Please send critiques to tomcampbell@gmail.com
\version "2.18.2"
\include "predefined-guitar-fretboards.ly"

% Override predefined fretboard for e minor.
% This just adds a G to the first (highest) string.
% A little contrived but it's brief.
\storePredefinedDiagram #default-fret-table \chordmode { e:m }
#guitar-tuning
#"o;2-2;2-3;o;o;3-4;"

\header {
title = "Hit and Miss (Daphne)"
composer = "Trad."
}

theMelody = \relative c {
  \clef treble
  \key e \minor
  \time 6/8

% Pickup note
  \partial 8 e'8

% Verse melody (truncated for clarity)
g4 a8 b4 e8
d8. e16 fis8
e4 b16 c

}

theLyrics = \lyricmode {
When Daph -- ne from fair
  Phoe -- bus did fly the --
}

theChords = \chordmode {
% Replace the N.C. that would appear over
% the pickup note
\set noChordSymbol = ""
\partial 8 r8
  e2.:min
  b4.:min
  e4.:min
 }

\score {
  <<
  \new ChordNames { \theChords }
  \new FretBoards { \theChords }
  \new Voice = "one" { \autoBeamOn \theMelody }
  \new Lyrics \lyricsto "one" \theLyrics

  \layout { }
  \midi { }