Re: Please tear apart this example lead sheet template for traditional W

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Please tear apart this example lead sheet template for traditional Western folk tunes
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 02:14:28 +0100

Hi Simon,

note that to enable having multiple stanzas of lyrics the LY thing is not
music, but a list of music. In LISP a list either the empty list '() or a pair
(cons a b) where b is a list. Thus the list (a b c d) is in fact
(cons a (cons b (cons c (cons d '())))) or (a . (b . (c . (d . '()))) which
shorthands to (a b c d . '()). So if we were to use (list CN FB VC LY) this
would correspond to `(,CN ,FB ,VC ,LY). Let’s say CB = a, FB = b, VC = c, LY =
(d e). Then this would be (a b c (d e)). On the other hand using
`(,CN ,FB ,VC . ,LY) [which corresponds to (cons CN (cons FB (cons VC LY)))]
gives us (a b c d e), so a flat list.

We could also write this as (append (list CN FB VC) LY).

Cheers,
Valentin

Am Mittwoch, 23. Februar 2022, 01:59:59 CET schrieben Sie: