Re: Creating a book of pieces?

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: Re: Creating a book of pieces?
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 00:45:44 +0000

Thank you very much.  I already use multiple score blocks for different movements; each movement has its own heading, time signature etc.  So I get a single file from multiple score blocks.  But these multiple blocks form suites, and I want the book to refer to the suites, rather than their individual movements.

That is, the contents page might have

Suite 1 ...    3
Suite 2 ...    14

and so on for the pages for each suite.  But Suite 1 itself (and all the others) is built from the score blocks: Overture, Allemande, Bourree, Menuet, Gavotte, Gigue  (for example).  Maybe LaTeX will in fact be my best bet?

cheers,
Alasdair