Re: Re: Snippet only as PDF

From: Bophead 2000
Subject: Re: Re: Snippet only as PDF
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 14:16:32 +0100

Hi Hraban,

I have seen that page in ConTeXtgarden. But as far as I understood the “filter” module works only in ConTeXt MkIV and the workaround to use it in ConTeXt LMTX has a security flaw (cannot remember where I read the latter). That is why I have not tried it yet. I wanted something that works with LMTX as well.

But I will look into that as in the moment I switched back to MkIV anyway to be able to use Dan Kreiders MusFrets font (https://www.notationcentral.com/product/musfrets/) properly (it is working with ligatures and colr/cpal font features and not displayed properly in most PDF readers if rendered with LMTX).

And of course I am willing to improve the ConTeXt-LilyPond integration together.

Back to pure Lilypond:

Nonetheless I would still like to know if there is a way to render a snippet cut to its pure musical content in only one file format. Me and others might have a use for such snippets as graphics for other programs as well that do not integrate Lilypond as well as ConTeXt.

(From ConTeXt I am used to “--purgeall” to get rid of all the auxiliary files. But something like that doesn’t seem to to exist for Lilypond as there is an intention behind all those files).

Grüße aus München

Bophead
Hi Bophead,

welcome, fellow ConTeXt user!
Do you know https://wiki.contextgarden.net/LilyPond ?
I’m using only parts of lilypond-book-preamble.ly
Maybe we can improve the ConTeXt-LilyPond integration together.

Hraban