Re: LilyPond 2.23.8 released

From: Freeman Gilmore
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.23.8 released
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 19:45:05 -0400

On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 3:50 PM David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:

We are happy to announce the release of LilyPond 2.23.8. This is termed
a development release, but these are usually reliable. If you want to
use the current stable version of LilyPond, we recommend using the
2.22.2 version.

In this release, dropping Guile 1.8 support has finally become possible
also for our sources. We'd like to dedicate this release to Ian Hulin
who was one of the first systematically working on our numerous
roadblocks for Guile 2 migration after tackling a few other high-level
problems. In the time spans where his health permitted it, he was able
to significantly reduce the amount of remaining problems for the Guile 2
migration after having started working on them in 2010, making the goal
that we finally reached now more tangible for others to work on after he
left us in 2015.

--
David Kastrup

Is there going to be a non binary version for windows coming soon?
ƒg