Re: \compressMMRests for 3 bars of \time 3/4 does not work as desired

From: Dimitris Marinakis
Subject: Re: \compressMMRests for 3 bars of \time 3/4 does not work as desired
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 10:06:21 +0300

\override MultiMeasureRest.expand-limit = 1

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/internals/multimeasurerest

On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 9:51 AM Kenneth Wolcott <kennethwolcott@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi;

  I'm looking at the Notation Reference regarding \compressMMRests.

  I see "R2.*2" (I want 3 bars, cool).

  I tried "R2.*3", which does not generate a single rest, but a pair of rests.

  I tried "R1*3/4*3", but it generates the same two rests.

 I have four screenshots attached:
the first two are to show the problem specifically;
the second two are the complete original file abd my engraving (so far);
The fifth is my Lilypond code (so far).

Code snippet:

  \compressMMRests { R1*3/4*3 }

  This is not what the manual shows.