Re: issues with "afterGrace" since 2.20

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: issues with "afterGrace" since 2.20
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 13:12:11 +0200

Hi Jean,

If you don't want to fix your files manually, you could
add a redefinition of \afterGrace that doesn't have
this optional argument, like this:

\version "2.22.2"

afterGrace = \afterGrace \afterGraceFraction \etc

\language "english"
\relative c' { d2 \afterGrace 4 { cs16 d } }

Sorry for duplicating your reply (although it's kind of funny we gave exactly the same half-ideal remedy).

The reason is that for some weeks now, I've been having issues with mail delays on the LilyPond mailing lists: I routinely receive e-mails 1-2 days late, and most of the time, I see replies to messages that haven't arrived yet. While I'm sure no information gets lost in the long run, this nevertheless has taken the fun out of following the lists a bit for me.

I changed my subscription now to using a different e-mail address, maybe this will improve things: It just might, as I received the "welcome" message immediately on the address I've switched to, while the unsubscribe confirmation hasn't arrived yet on the old address.

Lukas