Re: Exited with return code -1073741819

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Exited with return code -1073741819
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 23:46:13 +0200

Le 09/06/2022 à 23:31, Paul Hodges a écrit :
I reported this a week and a half ago, with no response.

Could you point to the message in the list archives
(https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/)? I may
have bad memory, but I'm not finding it.

In my case, I moved a substantial score from 2.23.3 to 2.23.9, and found
that it would compile and give that error on alternate runs.

When you say "alternate", do you see a pattern, or does it look random?

When I decided to try updating from 2.23.3, the latest version was
2.23.8 - the first as I recall with the updated version of Guile.

Actually that was 2.23.7 (in the official binaries, some packagers like Homebrew did it earlier).

I read enough issues with that to wait for 2.23.9, but assumed that this
was still an issue with that update.

I simultaneously got an unrelated error message from a library, which
the library's maintainers are intending to hide.  This makes me uneasy,
because it indicates fingers being put out to totally unrelated
programs, which I would prefer an explanation for.  I attach my capture
of it.  There is a discussion at
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/glib/-/issues/2640 .

It's not unrelated; GLib is used by Pango, which LilyPond uses for font rendering.

Best,
Jean