Re: \repeat unfold has problems inside \repeat volta

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: \repeat unfold has problems inside \repeat volta
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 12:33:05 +0200

Hello Michael,

you’re not exactly wrong there. In recent versions is has become possible to
put the \alternative inside the reapeat block, which allows having
alternatives in other parts than the end, and after all one might say that
this is in fact a more sane way to do it. But for Lilypond still supports the
older way of doing things for reasons of not breaking old scores.

This then leads to some ambiguity in sytax, as we have in your case. It is not
inherently clear if that \alternative block belongs to the inner repeat or to
the outer repeat. The current way is consistent with the older behaviour, but
maybe not what you’d expect to get.

Cheers,
Valentin