Re: Lilypond not generating PDF

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Lilypond not generating PDF
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 11:06:47 +0200

Le 04/07/2022 à 10:50, Andrew Bernard a écrit :
I'm only doing this ion behalf of the OP. But I'm sure he'd agree with me that this is confusing, as one normally expects basic initial instructions to have been tested and work. Especially since this is the Stable Release.

The LilyPad app was suffering from multiple issues in addition to being too minimalistic to be usable, and that is why it has been dropped in 2.23.

I see from searching that the issue is with elevated and non elevated permissions. OK. But this is pretty fundamental isn't it?

Speaking for myself, it's the first time I hear about it (or I do not remember the previous discussions). Re "this is pretty fundamental": what conclusion do you draw from it? Keeping things working for different systems is just a lot of effort. Do you volunteer to go update the installation instructions for the new binaries (https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6310) and test them on Linux + macOS + Windows? That would be very welcome (no irony intended).

Thanks,
Jean