Re: Lilypond not generating PDF

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Lilypond not generating PDF
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2022 11:40:09 -0700

On 2022-07-04 1:50 am, Andrew Bernard wrote:
I see from searching that the issue is with elevated and non elevated
permissions.

Where do you see this? Drag-and-drop is a simple feature of the Windows shell that should require no special permission.

What are the details of the LilyPond shortcut on the desktop? Which executable does it reference? Does it specify any additional arguments? What is the start directory? etc.

For additional diagnostics and troubleshooting, I would recommend reviewing the behavior logged by Process Monitor [1] (from Sysinternals). In particular, take note of any errors originating from LilyPond or its child processes.

[1]: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

-- Aaron Hill