Re: problem with global-staff-size and book bloks

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: problem with global-staff-size and book bloks
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 19:42:28 +0200

Am Fr., 22. Juli 2022 um 08:21 Uhr schrieb Reuben Kagan
<reuben.kagan@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> here is my example :
> \version "2.22.2"
> %file NOTES.ly
>
>  #(set-global-staff-size 10)
>  NOTES = \relative c'' {
>    \key d \minor \time 3/4
>    a bes c d e f
>  }
>
>  \score {
>    \new Staff \NOTES
>  }
>
>  \book {
>  #(set-global-staff-size 30)
>   \bookOutputName "NOTES BIG"
>    \score {
>    \new Staff \NOTES
>  }
>  }
>
> and I would expect that NOTES.pdf would have the score in small font and the
> NOTES BIG.pdf the same in big font . but it is the other way around.
> what, what could I do?
>
> (I usually add book blocks to existing files to make some custom versions)
> Thanks,
> Reuben.

set-global-staff-size is a top-level expression. It can be set per \book.
Thus:
(1) don't use it inside \book
(2) it works not for a mix of explicit and implicit books.

Wrap the toplevel score in a book:

\version "2.22.2"
%file NOTES.ly

NOTES = \relative c'' {