Re: Help needed with arranger.ly

From: Gilles Thibault
Subject: Re: Help needed with arranger.ly
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 10:07:38 +0200

Le 2022-07-24 13:38, Eef Weenink a écrit :
I need some help to get this nice program really running.
I read the manual several times,studied NOTES.ly<http://NOTES.ly>
etcetera and now able to get the first parts of music on the correct
place. :-)
(I am using a score with 6 instruments and I am trying to arrange this
or other combination of instruments. If needed I can give an example,
but that is a lot of work, so hopefully my description is enough. )

Question1:
- How to insert a clef change at a specific point?
I have two voices in lefthand of piano, created like:
  (rm 'leftOne  1 'leftOOne '(8 16)  )
          (rm 'leftTwo  1 'leftOTwo '(8 16)  )
Now I need a clef change in bar 7, to change clef from treble to bass.

well i don't know exactly how your 2 voices are mixed in your lefthand.
I imagine that is something like that
    << \leftOne \\ \leftTwo >>
So i think that including a clef change in either on one voice would do the trick

  (rm 'leftOne 7 #{ \clef "bass" #})
or
  (rm 'leftTwo 7 #{ \clef "bass" #})

(Sorry, i am not at home for 2 days, i cannot test)

Question 2:

Having two voices in left hand, I want to insert the command to get
stems of both voices in same direction. So in both voices I need to
insert:
 \stemDown

If the insertion is in bar 5 for example :
  (rm '(leftOne leftTwo) 5 #{ \stemDown #})
Or also
  (rm '(leftOne leftTwo) 5 stemDown) ; should work

Probably same questions for inserting articulations, slurs, etcera,
Normally I would do that in the source of music, but when arranging
that is not the way to go, because I want to reuse the same material
perhaps with other slurs/etcetera.

You can have articulations pattern (copyArticulation.ly)

  arti = { 16( 16) 8-. 8-. }
  (rm 'instru 15 (ca arti #{ c d e f g a b c #}))

--
Gilles