Last note of a first alternative is a tie to the first note in the repea

From: Kenneth Wolcott
Subject: Last note of a first alternative is a tie to the first note in the repeat; how to engrave this?
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 21:27:53 -0700

Hi;

  I must be missing something obvious here.

  The last note of a first alternative is a tie to the first note in the repeat.

  Lilypond 2.22.2 complains:

La_Bamba.ly:67:40: warning: unterminated tie
      r8 f'' f'' f'' f''4^. f''8^. e''
                                       ~  | % m26

Thanks in advance for pointing out what I missed in the documentation...

My engraving, my Lilypond source and the 8notes.com's Brass Quartet
arrangement of "La Bamba" are attached.

  The problem occurs at bar 26 in the first trumpet part.

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott