Re: cannot find start of piano pedal: `Sustain'

From: Jim Cline
Subject: Re: cannot find start of piano pedal: `Sustain'
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 15:01:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Eef, thanks for that solution.  regards, Jim

On Thu, 4 Aug 2022, Eef Weenink wrote:

\version "2.20.0"

upper = \relative c'' {
 \clef treble
 r2. \hideStaffSwitch\change Staff = "lower" r4*1/2 s8  |
}

lower = \relative c {
 \clef bass
 b8 ees, aes c, b  ees'   \showStaffSwitch\change Staff = "upper"  aes ees' |
}

\score {
 \new PianoStaff <<
   \new Staff = "upper" \upper
   \new Staff = "lower" \lower

   % Pedal indications may be placed in a Dynamics context, which aligns them
on a horizontal
line.
   %see https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/notation/piano
    \new Dynamics {
    s4 s s8  \sustainOn
    s4 s4  \sustainOff |
  }

  \midi { }
    \layout { } % I have put layout in, so I would see something in the PDF.
}

      Op 4 aug. 2022, om 20:23 heeft Jim Cline <jcline@physics.mcgill.ca> het
volgende
      geschreven:

p.s.  Isn't it also weird that the pedal-off symbol is not horizontally aligned
with the
pedal-on symbol?