Re: flat symbol in text?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: flat symbol in text?
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2023 18:52:33 +0100

Matthew Pierce <piercello@hotmail.com> writes:

> How might I display the text "Bb Major," but with the flat symbol
> instead of a lower case "b"?

I'd just use Unicode, namely "B♭ Major".  If you don't get this via
input methods (on my keyboard, it's "[Compose key] # b"), you can
copy&paste from a browser with Unicode tables or from this mail
message...

In contrast to LilyPond's \flat, this will be a text font flat, usually
fitting better with the text font.  If the text font has it, of course.

--
David Kastrup