Re: Fit to one/n pages

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Fit to one/n pages
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 01:23:47 +0100

Le 09/01/2023 à 01:08, Kieren MacMillan a écrit :
Hi Mark,

Okay. I did that and when I move the \paper (yes, my bad, I did write \page)
into the \bookpart it generates a separate PDF for each \bookpart
Hmmm… It should generate a page break between bookparts, but shouldn’t generate
a new PDF!!

The issue is that LilyPond treats \book and \bookpart values in the same
way (no, that's not really wonderful). Basically, when you do this:

x = \bookpart { bla bla }
\x

At the point \x is used, LilyPond has "forgotten" that \x was not a book
but a bookpart, and it treats it as a new book, whereas

\book {
  \x
  \y
}

forces \x and \y to be treated as bookparts inside one book.