Re: Documentation viewer in Frescobaldi

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Documentation viewer in Frescobaldi
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 10:09:01 +0100

Il giorno ven 20 gen 2023 alle 15:41:02 +1100, Andrew Bernard <andrew.bernard@mailbox.org> ha scritto:
The strange thing is that this used to work fine in the past, and now coming back to it after six months it does not. It is very strange that on two distinct Linux distros it shows the same behaviour. It's weird that the fill chooser dialog won't show .html files (and no, they are not hidden files). Strange. And I'd still like to know how F mysteriously display the 2.22 documentation page, with no settings indicating that. Stupid to even try, but reinstalling F made no difference.

Where is actually the best place to post about Frescobaldi support nowadays?

The Frescobaldi mailing list is the best place. And I would avoid crossposting.

The short answer is: as David wrote, the default url is http://lilypond.org/doc/stable This is currently redirecting to the old stable, because LilyPond .htaccess file was not updated. There's an open MR here:
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1815

As soon as it's merged and uploaded to lilypond.org, Frescobaldi should show 2.24 manuals.

The answer to the other questions is more complex. We are working on it... I will reply to your question in the Frescobaldi mailing list.