Re: Tie not working as expected

From: Leo Correia de Verdier
Subject: Re: Tie not working as expected
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 22:17:25 +0100

The tie ~ and number 1 in measure 3 are in the wrong order, the tie should come after the number.

What happens is that Lilypond, when it sees a pitch or duration alone interprets it as a new note, with the missing pitch or duration carried over from the previous note. So g~1 becomes a g with the duration 1 carried over from the chord before, then a tie and then a whole note (1) with the pitch g carried over from the note before the tie.
HTH
/Leo