Help with Mac

From: Alejandro Castera
Subject: Help with Mac
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 14:22:44 -0600

Good afternoon, community.

I've been using Lilypond on Mac for a long time, but for a few years now they
haven't released a new version to install in DMG format. There are some
packages to install via "ports" (which I haven't understood what they are) and
using MacPorts or Homebrew (which I haven't understood how to use either). All
this through the Terminal command line, which I don't understand how to use.
For this reason, I am still using LilyPond version 2.20 because it was the last
one installable as DMG. Please, if someone can guide me to install the latest
version of LilyPond 2.24.3 because I have tried several times in different ways
and have not succeeded.

Please, LilyPond developers, we need a DMG installer because not all of us Mac
musicians know the Terminal command line.

Thanks in advance for your attention.
Regards