lims

Re: [Lims] Tryton Version

From: Sebastián Marró
Subject: Re: [Lims] Tryton Version
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 01:19:33 -0300

Hi Euan,

Hi,

I am involved in a project at Edinburgh Napier University, looking at creating a complete Health care installation using raspberry pis and virtual machines.  At the moment I am able to install GNU Health on both a virtual image of Ubuntu and the raspberry pi, I can also install the orthanc PACS server onto both.  I am now looking for the best LIMS system to pair up with the GNU Health setup, I had initially looked at BikaLIMS but when I noticed that there was a GNU LIMS I thought I would take a look at it.

It took a while to find out how to install the package and once installed I found that the tryton client I am using with the GNU Health is not compatible.  I noticed on the mercurial site, http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/lims/, that there is mention of the GNU LIMS having been migrated to tryton 3.8 yet when I take a clone of the package and try to install, it downloads tryton 2.8.

To install the LIMS just copy the lims* directories to the trytond/modules directory and update de database.  (The installation script is not updated to Tryton 3.8)

Am I cloning the files from the wrong location, hg clone http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/lims/ ?  Is this project still in development or should I return to trying to figure out the Bika LIMS?

The project is still in development. There is no stable release yet.

Cheers !

--
Sebastián Marró
thymbr@