[Linphone-developers] Outbound Proxy: linphone sends wrong request URI

From: tries
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Outbound Proxy: linphone sends wrong request URI
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 21:09:44 +0200 (CEST)

Concerns: linphone-0.9.0pre4 (build against libosip-0.8.8)

Hi there,

I make use of the 'Outbound Proxy' feature of linphone. Now
I found what I believe to be an error in linphone when establishing
an outgoing session (sending an INVITE request).

Linphone puts the Proxys name/IP-address into the SIP request URI.
Username and port number are taken from the given SIP address to
be called. I did not check in all details with RFC 2543, but my
understanding is, that the request URI holds the final destination
(SIP address).

Example:
I configure linphone to use an outbound proxy (10.0.0.1). Then I
initiate a call to <sip:address@hidden:5065>.
Linphone will send an INVITE request to the outbound proxy with
a request URI of <sip:address@hidden:5065> (the correct request
URI would be: <sip:address@hidden:5065>).

The version of linphone I tested before (0.7.1) did behave correctly
(sending the final destination in the request URI).

I am currently working on a small proxy/masquerading daemon that
does rewriting of SIP messages, so a linphone can work across a
masquerading firewall. (Once it has reached a stable state, I might
want to make this daemon available - as masquerading seems to be a
topic that others are also interested into)

I did not yet dig into the source code of linphone, I would appreciate
a patch (would be excellent) or a hint where to look for the composition
of the request URI in linphone.

Regards,
/Thomas

--