Re: [Linphone-developers] Implementing sound support for non-standard ha

From: Daniel Kabs [ML]
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Implementing sound support for non-standard hardware
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:26:33 +0100

Hello Simon!

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 Simon Morlat <address@hidden> wrote:
> But anyway you'll need a kernel driver to talk to your hardware, so
> maybe it  is not so hard to implement some very minimal oss
> functionnality (at

There is another reason why I preferred to write a "sndcard" interface
for linphone instead of an oss driver for the kernel:

The audio hardware I use already provides A-Law PCM data. I plan to
configure linphone to use the PCMA codec so I can use the audio data
directly without the ALAWEncoder/Decoder filter.

Cheers
Daniel Kabs
Germany