[Linphone-developers] Re: Memory Leak on Reregistration

From: Thomas Reitmayr
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Re: Memory Leak on Reregistration
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 05:03:44 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
some time ago I reported a memory leak which apparently no one else sees. The
statement below about it not occurring on a regular PC was wrong, and I am now
able to pinpoint it to certain sequence of SIP messages during the
reregistration process.

Here is what I found out:

* Using my account at voipstation.de does not create the memory leak. At every
reregistration there are two calls to osip_transaction_init and two calls to
osip_transaction_free in the following sequence:

  osip_transaction_free
  osip_transaction_init
  osip_transaction_free
  osip_transaction_init
Registration on sip:voipstation.de sucessful.

  I.e. everything is ok, a detailed log from "linphone -d" is attached and
called linphone_voipstation.log.

* Using my main account at yesss.at, the server seems to insert some OPTIONS
requests which might cause the memory leak of 12-16 KB. The
osip_transaction_init/free sequence looks like:

  osip_transaction_free
  osip_transaction_init
  osip_transaction_free
  osip_transaction_init
  osip_transaction_init
  osip_transaction_init
Registration on sip:sip.yesss.at sucessful.

  Note the two additional osip_transaction_init's. That's also shown in the
attached log file linphone_yesss.log. There is also the .linphonerc I am using.

Can anyone shed some light on what's happening here?
Thanks a lot,
-Thomas