Re: [Linphone-developers] Simple (hardcoded) way of changing the display

From: Peter Howard
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Simple (hardcoded) way of changing the displayed image size?
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:34:21 +1100

OK, having looked through the source a bit more and played with some
constants, I can update my question somewhat.

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 13:22 +1100, Peter Howard wrote:
> If I understand right (from searching archives) linphone displays the
> image at the resolution indicated by the driver; no scaling up or down.

This now appears to be either wrong or misinterpreted by me; linphone
wants to work in CIF resolution.

> Is that correct?  I have an "issue"; having changed from using a
> (crappy) logitech quickcam express to a (much better) logitech quickcam
> fusion I'm getting exactly the same size image displayed (though of much
> better quality).If I'm right about the way linphone handles the image,
> that must be due to image size presented by the driver (linux-uvc) via
> V4l2.  So far so reasonable?

That's where I was really off track;  I can get the image out in VGA or
4CIF resolution quite easily, transmitting is another issue . . .

> If I'm still on track, is there a quick
> way of forcing linphone to scale everything up (say X2)?  This would be
> for demonstration purposes only and in the longer term I'd have to look
> at what the driver is (or isn't) doing.

So, refining my question, what I want to be able to do is scale up from
CIF to 4CIF at display time (having been transmitted at CIF resolution).
The reference in the mediastreamer2 source to scaling I found is
sizeconv.c, which only converts up to CIF.  So: is it feasible to
quickly add display-time scaling up to 4CIF?

--
Peter Howard
URSYS

Ph: 02 8745 2816    Fax: 02 8745 2828