[Linphone-developers] FFmpeg DLL's and Linphone-C

From: Adrian Kaehler
Subject: [Linphone-developers] FFmpeg DLL's and Linphone-C
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 10:09:49 -0800

  Hi all,

  So my quest to build Linphone on windows continues.  I am trying to build Linphone-C, the console App, becuase I want to be able to build everything in Visual Studio.  After a whole lot of tinkering around, I am able to build all of the libraries, and build and link the code.  Readline caused some trouble, but that seems to be resolved as well.  I am compiling and linking all of the linphone libraries statically.
  But now when I try to actually _run_ the compiled application, I get errors about missing DLL's, all of them from various parts of ffmpeg.  I can not tell you which all they are, because as you all probably know, on windows you are only told about the first missing DLL, and you have to find that one to know what the next one will be.  Generally, I need things like vorbis.dll, as well as things with names like libvorbis-0.dll.  The ones of the former type I can find here or there pretty easily, I have never seen the ones of the latter type.  Does anyone know what these are?
  I tried to build ffmpeg under MinGW, and though I could bulid ffmpeg and ogg, I was not able to build vorbis (build crashes on a bunch of linker errors).  Foraging around the net, I was able to find libogg-0.dll, libvorbis-0.dll, and now I need libvorbisenc-2.dll.. who knows what is next.  So, I have two questions:

1) Does anyone have these libraries or can point me to someplace on the web where I can get them?

2) I have the windoes build of Linphone, why does it not need these libraries?  It runs just fine without them.  Can anyone explain this?

 Thanks in advance, I would so very much appreciate any help anyone can give.

-Adrian

(ps, if anyone is curious, libvorbis build is crashing on a bunch of undefined rederences to things with names like ogg_***_***.  I did run configure with what I believe to be the "correct" options "./configure --with-ogg=/usr/local --with-ogg-libraries=/usr/local/lib --with-ogg-includes=/usr/local/include" to tell vorbis where to find the ogg headers and libraries).