[Linphone-developers] eXosip patches / liblinphone extension

From: Thomas Reitmayr
Subject: [Linphone-developers] eXosip patches / liblinphone extension
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 14:17:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi Simon,
2 weeks ago I released a stable version of yeaphone, my application using the
liblinphone backend, together with a patched version of linphone to the
openembedded repository at
http://www.openembedded.org/filebrowser/org.openembedded.dev/packages/.

These patches are:

(1) The two patches submitted in my emails "OPTIONS transaction handling"
regarding two memory leaks in eXosip. Aymeric confirmed the leaks as well as
the solution for OSIP_NIST_KILL_TRANSACTION, but referred to eXosip2 for the
solution to the OPTIONS leakage.

(2) An extension to the liblinphone interface which provides the "general
state" (aehm, a rather general name) of the backend regarding the three areas
startup/shutdown of the backend, registration with the provider and the state
of a call.
   This was needed as the original interface AFAIK does not do a callback for
each important state change. There are situations where only a message being
displayed to the user can give an idea about what has happened. One example
where this is essential: If a call is ended due to some error (timeout, ..), a
handset with just one keypad has to switch from DTMF mode back to dialing mode.
   Parsing the user messages to accomplish this soon turned out to be no viable
solution.

All patches are provided by the file
http://download.devbase.at/voip/linphone-1.6.0-pl0.patch

Will the patches (1) be included in the current linphone code, respectively
what are your plans for moving to eXosip2?
And - would you include an interface extension as proposed by the patches (2)
or similar?

Best regards,
-Thomas

Der frühe Vogel fängt den Wurm. Hier gelangen Sie zum neuen Yahoo! Mail:
http://mail.yahoo.de