Re: [Linphone-developers] Simple (hardcoded) way of changing the display

From: Peter Howard
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Simple (hardcoded) way of changing the displayed image size?
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 14:48:22 +1100

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 11:19 +0100, Simon Morlat wrote:
> > Can you give me the 10-second explanation of of what stream->sizeconf
> > does vs stream->output?
> the sizeconf MSFilter converts from any image size in the set {QVGA, QCIF,
> CIF} to what it is told to do in vsize (by default CIF).
> The stream->output MSFilter displays the pictures it receives using the
> format
> it is told in vsize.
>

> > > And normally you should have a display in 4CIF.
> >
> > I tried just making the changes above in videostream.c then connecting
> > two linphone sessions, one with the videostream.c changes, one without.
> > Upon connection, the one with the changes resizes the video window but
> > then freezes (with an error coming out "Xlib: unexpected async reply
> > (sequence 0x1283)!") and the other end sees nothing.
> This is the symptom of a SIGSEGV. You should execute linphone from gdb to see
> where the memory fault happened.

FYI, it appears that my analysis is correct, the changes in
videostream.c alone produce the correct result.  The "Xlib: unexpected
async reply (sequence 0x1283)!" error doesn't always happen immediately;
sometimes you get several minutes of video prior to it occurring, with
the scaling happening as you would expect.  I haven't had time to chase
down the error; the scaled-up quality wasn't good enough for our
purposes and we get better results from dropping the screen resolution,
so it's no longer a priority.  Hopefully I'll get to it at some stage.

--
Peter Howard
URSYS

Ph: 02 8745 2816    Fax: 02 8745 2828