Re: [Linphone-developers] Not knowing the received payload type

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Not knowing the received payload type
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 13:19:30 +0200

Hi,

Yes this is possible by registering the payload_type-changed callback. It will
be called just before receiving the first packet. the callback should look
like this:
static void payload_type_changed(RtpSession *session, unsigned long data){
        int pt=rtp_session_get_recv_payload_type(stream->session); //get the
new
payload type
        //take actions to define timestamp increment
}
and must be registered with rtp_session_signal_connect() (see online
documentation)

The prequisite for oRTP (and RFC3550) to work is that at least the clock_rate
of the payload type is know for each payload type that it is possible to
receive during a session.
To be clear: you must have a RtpProfile table indexing the payload type
numbers with the payload type definition (at least the clock_rate) in your
RtpSesion.
Then the incoming packets may start, continue and change with any payload type
number provided that they are definined in the RtpProfile used by the
session.

Simon