Re: [Linphone-developers] linphone and JACK

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] linphone and JACK
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 13:57:02 +0100

Jack support was added in mediastreamer (version 1) some years ago. When
switching to mediastreamer2 it has indeed been dropped (lack of time, few
interest in this support...).
My feeling is that since alsa uses dmix/asym by default (ie multiple
applications can open alsa "default" devices simultaneously, the need for a
sound server has considerabily reduced.

Simon