Re: [Linphone-developers] retry: Question about receiving "comfort noise

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] retry: Question about receiving "comfort noise" packets
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 19:50:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009, Henning Christiansen wrote:

Hi all again,

anybody having an idea concerning my question below?

When I receive "comfort noise" packets coded according to RFC 3389, oRTP complains with the following warnings:

-  ortp-warning-Receiving packet with unknown payload type 13.
- ortp-warning-rtp_session_recv_with_ts: unable to recv an unsupported payload (13).

How can I instruct oRTP not to generate these warnings?

Hi Henning,

If you didn't announce support for CN in your SDP, there
is no reason to receive such RTP packet. Are you sure you
didn't made any error in SDP negotiation?

To remove the warning, you can instruct to not receive
any logs, but that might not be very usefull? right?

You can still provide a profile for CN and when the
payload change is announce via the ortp callback, you
just drop (or better, handle) the CN packet.

Aymeric MOIZARD / ANTISIP
amsip - http://www.antisip.com
osip2 - http://www.osip.org
eXosip2 - http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/exosip/