[Linphone-developers] How to enable GSM support

From: Conrad Beckert
Subject: [Linphone-developers] How to enable GSM support
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 18:19:38 +0200

Hi,

... since a while GSM support is not enabled by default anymore. On the other
hand the codec is quite important for SIP providers.

I converted to Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 and found it difficult to install my usual
Linphone environment. Meanwhile even the linphone version from the official
repositories lacks the GSM codec.

My questions:

How would I enable gsm? Which libraries would I have to install? Do I have to
configure it while compiling or is it enough to provide the libraries at
runtime?

Thank you for help
Conrad