Re: [Linphone-developers] Mediastreamer newbie seeks clue.

From: Herb Peyerl
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Mediastreamer newbie seeks clue.
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 08:15:43 -0400

On Sep 1, 2010, at 9:13 AM, Matt Gilg wrote:

> Just downloaded the updated source, this looks cool actually.
>
> msaudiomixer appears to be a filter that you can connect multiple
>
> sources to.  My guess is that the chain might look like this:
>

> rtp1->decoder1->dtmf1->audiomixer(PIN 1)->soundread
>
> rtp2->decoder2->dtmf2->audiomixer(PIN 2)->soundread
>

> Looks like there is a method in the filter to control the gain on
>
> each pin, and users can use up to 20 simultaneous channels.

So according to the source, if multiple SSRC's are received within

a single RtpSession, then oRTP changes the SSRC assigned to the

session... But it is my understanding that an RTP session can have

multiple SSRC's... ie: if multiple senders are sending to a single

localport in a multicast group...

So if I want to mix multiple streams from the same host (different

talkers on the same host) in the same session (picture up to 8

hosts, each with up to 2 talkers, all communicating in the same

RTP session how do I handle that?  Assume the streams can start at

any time...

I'm thinking I need to set a callback for ssrc_changed, and then

allocate a new RtpSession for that ssrc, stop the ticker, add the

new RtpSession into the audiomixer and start everything back up

again?