Re: [Linphone-developers] Alsa issues on Linphone 3.3.2 on the Beagleboa

From: Harishkumar V
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Alsa issues on Linphone 3.3.2 on the Beagleboard
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 15:33:34 +0530

try disabling speex and use only pcma and pcmu

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 12:33 AM, Raseel Bhagat <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I wrote a recipe for Linphone 3.3.2 for Beagleboard's Angstrom distribution in Openembedded SDK, with alsa as well as video enabled.

I have able to sort out Video issues, but am facing problem with sound.

Initially I was able to make a voice calls, but lately I have found that I am getting Alsa, buffer  overrun errors and eventually the Linphone crashes.

My first reaction was that this is an issue with the Speex library, which was the codec I was using.

But after trying Speex 8000 Hz, 16000 Hz and PCMU as well as PCMA codecs, I am getting the same error in 8 out of the 10 calls.
With Speex 16000, I am able to make a audio-only call with good quality , but as soon as I try a video call, the "buffer overrun" error does not let Linphone call play for more than 20 seconds.

The logs also mention "Broken pipe" alsa error.

Has anyone else encountered similar problems with Alsa on the Beagleboard.

Note : The same code when compiled for the x86 and used on PCs/Laptops works fine.

--
Raseel