Re: [Linphone-developers] Mediastreamer as external project with --enabl

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Mediastreamer as external project with --enable-external-mediastreamer?
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:24:21 +0200 (CEST)

> Hi Simon,
>
> It is annoying that the translated strings of mediastreamer2 are
> ignored. Indeed they traduce the description string of
each encoder
> decoder so that they appear translated in the GUI, within the codec
> selection list. Since you consider mediastreamer2 and
oRTP must be
> present anyway, it shouldn't be a problem to keep them, what do you
> think ?
>
> Simon

Hi all,

I think the actual problem
with the strings in mediastreamer2 is that
they should be traduced in mediastreamer2 itself, not in linphone.
In other words the package
mediastreamer2 lacks an internationalization support
on its own.

Attached find an archive with two patches for this:
 - mediastreamer_i18n.
patch: adds i18n to mediastreamer2.
   I've also copied the strings already traduced from linphone/po/*.po
   to mediastreamer2/po/*.po

Applies to the mediastreamer2 git repo. at id:
    e3a50ec460494101e925fa112e97adbc82c45306

 - linphone_i18n.patch: updates the i18n
support in linphone so that it does
   not conflict with the one in mediastreamer2.
   Applies to the linphone git repo. at id:

c6c7d662ded5e787f18f6057275d601efc0d0faf

I tried to avoid any unwanted side effect.

I've successfully tested the patches on a PC system,
on an ARM native system
and on an ARM crosscompiled system.

giorgio

Supera i limiti: raddoppia la velocità da 10 a 20 Mega!

Risparmia con Tutto Incluso: telefono + adsl 20 mega a soli 26,60 € al mese per
un anno!

SCONTO DI 160 EURO!

http://abbonati.tiscali.it/telefono-adsl/prodotti/tc/tuttoincluso/?WT.mc_id=01fw